Monday, April 06, 2009

Happy Birthday to me.


Today is my birthday and, being a generous type of person, I thought I would celebrate it by buying cream buns for some of my colleagues. When I complained that none of them had wished me a Happy Birthday, I was set upon and given the bumps. For a person of my advancing age this was very undignified. To add insult to injury they told the pupils it was my birthday. As a result kids have been coming up to me all day, not to wish me Happy Birthday, but to try and guess my age.

Sometimes it is better to say nothing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! So retirement is very near now that you are 65!!!

Have a good day and let your hair down - while you are still able to.

Nancy Mon said...

Happy Birthday Pluto! Let me see, I guess you are 29. :)

Ali said...

Poor you having to work , I'm off for Easter.

Had I known I would have dropped over with your present from Houston. I'll call next term and then I can collect mine from New York at the same time :-)

I like Tiffanys

Pluto said...

I'm beginning to like you more and more, Nancy :)

Ali said...

Nancy is numerically dyslexic

:-)

Cosmo said...

A bit belated, but happy birthday anyway!!